Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I am a bad teacher; I am a good teacher

Well, as you now, my life is about teaching.
Yet, I admit my being quite moody might really affects the way I teach, though actually I may not. My students, of course and the only, will be the victim of my being lazy. It is not about abandoning them, but more about being not really well-prepared and just teaching following what the book tells.

As a good teacher, I:
  • always prepare everything well; I'm not trying to boast myself, but my friend always say that I am a creative teacher who always like designing materials and exercises. Yes, I like spending ours writing and preparing materials, both for tutoring and teaching;
  • try to keep up to date to the current trend. I like browsing the internet to find more information about pedagogical things, both practical and theoretical matters;
  • open my mind to see what my mistakes are and improve my skills;
  • always try to employ creative, enjoyable, and fun activities for each learning time;
  • share my life experience, both in learning and teaching or in other things, which then hopefully my inspires my students (my dream, as always).

However, my evil side may make me:

  • bore my students because of my monotonous explanation;
  • stress out my students by giving them many exercises, and very structural items which may sound really boring to;
  • provide no aditional materials and examples, which then result in confused students;
  • keep being lazy, and really lazy; often I lost my stamina.

Should you have any ideas and suggestions, I would be really grateful.

Well, I am preparing for a review-class in two hours. Cherio!

No comments: