Friday, February 8, 2008

Sad story... at my working place

Another heart-pain has just stabbed me.

I hate—no, not hate, but dislike (are they the same?)—the condition of my former working place. Yes, it used to be my former high school, but why I don’t really enjoy working there, although once I hoped too much to be part of this school.

First, I don’t really enjoy and agree with the structure of the organization. Moreover, I lost my respect for the present headmaster, I really mean it (if you wanna know the complete story and detail, please ask me…). His being too authoritative really depresses other teachers, and I was shocked once when I notice it, after a long time enjoying the quiet, pleasant atmosphere.

Second, this heart-stabbing tragedy happened about one hour ago, and I really want to let it go, forgetting it soon. I really dislike that person, let call him Mr. X. This X does not understand what I feel and he is really mean and care less, or nothing perhaps. I was the one that came up with the idea, but then he, who did not really understand what I wanna do and plan, suddenly took it over. I tried to explain everything, but he always interrupted, showing no care and interest in listening to my explanation. I only asked God for patience.

Third, it is the students and the way the committee of the school dare not to sort them out. They accept anyone, no sorting process and voila… you know how bad the quality is. I once tried, in the beginning of my teaching here, several methods, designing what I think as interactive, interesting activities, but students showed no interest and they have very little motivation to continue and follow the lesson. Sigh…

Who’s wrong here?
Did I come to the wrong place?
Am I too demanding and idealistic?
I just wanna enjoy teaching; I love teaching…

Anyway, let’s see the positive points here… though it’s actually difficult to pick out the positives.

I enjoy socializing with SOME teachers. Yes, they are kind and open-minded. Well, if only they were all the same.

I enjoy the INTERNET facility, perhaps the only reason I am still working there. I even posted this writing via the school’s internet.

I like the committee actually. I know each member of the institution.

That’s all… what else to say?

Btw, I am applying to other schools or institutions. Wish me blessing from HIM…
I wish I could be accepted in some sorts of favorite schools,
VanLith or TN maybe… too demanding, huh?

No comments: